*Submissions for this project have now closed*
Mental health has a lot of stigma attached to it, and it is far too often shrouded in negativity. Shunned by the powers that be, and the public at large, mental health sufferers have an unnecessarily big hill to climb. For those that climb alone I applaud you, many of us however, receive amazing support from amazing people.
This is where the new project comes in.
I would like to hear about some amazing stories of support, times when you have been in terrible places and someone has gone above and beyond to help you. It can be a small gesture, or something huge. I just want to shine a big light on these great people who are standing alongside those who are battling their own mind. So, if you know someone who deserves to be recognised for their fabulous support then I’d love to hear about it.
As a little reward, I will pick my favourite story and send the person who helped you a thank you care package full of self-care goodies!
This project will run from April 1st to April 30th. Submissions will be going up from the 1st, but feel free to send them in now. My favourite post will be announced on the 1st of May.
As a side note I may be heavily influenced by other people liking and commenting on posts, please show your appreciation in the comments of each post!
Here is what you need to do:
- State the person* you think should be recognised (this can be a real world person i.e friend/family member, not necessarily a blogger).
- Share a true story or an explanation of how that person has helped you (less than 800 words)
- You should know the persons physical address, but only needs to be provided if your post is selected for the care package.
- Entries from any country are welcome!
- Don’t tell the person you have nominated them, at least until the winner has been announced!
- If you run a blog/website, feel free to include all relevant links.
- Email the submission in a Word document to email@example.com
I’m really looking forward to hearing some wonderful stories! Please share the post so this reaches as many amazing people as possible. If you have any questions, pop them in the comments below or send me an email.
*This can be a pseudonym, if selected for the reward their real name may be required privately.